Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pin It


Get Gadget

Microwave Chocolate Flourless Tortes


I don’t know about you, but, when I get a chocolate craving, I want something delicious, melt in your mouth and decadent!  I always have chocolate chips in my pantry, and I suppose, I could pop some of those….but, that isn’t really going to fulfill the “want”!




I love these little ramekins!
My Chocolate Flourless Torte can fulfill the desire, but, when I get a craving, I don’t want to wait for an hour and a half!  I WANT it NOW!  So, after I picked myself up off the floor (pounding my hands and feet and wailing, I might add), I realized I could take my Chocolate Flourless Torte recipe, downsize it and make it in the microwave!



That puts chocolate decadence on my table in 10 minutes (or less)!  OH YEAHTHAT’S what I’m talking about!



So after a little forethought and “ciphering”, I decided on the ratios that I thought would work….and they did!  I am thankful I usually have a fairly stocked pantry and refrigerator!  (When my husband reads that last line, he will LOL!)

Microwave Flourless Chocolate Torte

½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips*
2 tablespoons half and half or heavy cream
2 ½ tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (preferred) or instant coffee powder (optional)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 large egg, beaten

In microwave-safe glass bowl, combine chips and half and half.  Microwave chips and half and half, at 50% power for 2 minutes.  Remove and stir to melt chips.

Add butter a couple of cubes at a time, stirring the entire time to melt butter and incorporate completely into mixture.

Add sugar, espresso powder, vanilla extract and salt to chocolate mixture and mix well.

Continue to stir and add the egg, mixing until completely blended.

Spray two shallow, microwave safe dishes (no more than one cup capacity) with non-stick cooking spray.  Evenly divide the chocolate mixture between the two dishes.

Microwave the dishes on high, for 2 minutes.  Tortes will appear wet on top.  Allow to rest for several minutes.

Serve warm.

*You can substitute bittersweet chips for semi-sweet chips, you may want to increase sugar to 2 tablespoons, if you like it sweeter.  You can also substitute milk chocolate chips with no increase in sugar.

Serve with raspberry sauce, ice cream or whipped cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!